WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE GIVING UP:
- Remember those before you. Whenever I begin to doubt my abilities I quickly think of this video, and the story behind it, and am once again am inspired more than ever.
- Remove any distractions. For tri training the biggest distraction is self-doubt...I KNOW this is something I can accomplish and am taking it one day/training workout at a time, keeping my focus on the finish line. I can already feel the victory.
- Run the race. Enough said!
" but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint" Isaiah 40:31
endurance = steady DETERMINATION to keep going. There will be points in my training in
which I will "hit a wall," but it is during those time that I will push through with determination
- Christ (finish line) focused. I can't explain to you the emotions and feeling of accomplishment that comes with finishing such an event, but it truly makes the whole journey worthwhile.
- Resist discouragement. Anything worthwhile in life takes dedication and determination.
- Claim the grace to persevere
- REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Not only am I blessed to have great friends/training partners to join me on workouts, long-distance training partners to support and encourage me, and the support of family and friends, I also have the strength of the Lord on my side. And with Him, all things are possible.
I am looking forward to continuing to reach my goal through endurance, persistence and determination.